AT&T exec emphasizes 2018 response efforts during FirstNet board meeting

AT&T has deployed fulfilled 90 requests from FirstNet public-safety subscribers this year—several times more than the carrier fulfilled in its role as a commercial carrier the previous year, the AT&T executive in charge of the FirstNet system told the FirstNet Authority board yesterday.

SOURCE: Urgent Communications

DATE; December 14, 2018

Chris Sambar, senior vice president, AT&T-FirstNet, said that AT&T established a Response Operations Group earlier this year to coordinate the deployment of network assets in response to public-safety requests for communications support during disasters or large planned events.

“The early impacts have been real, tangible and—at times—life-saving,” Sambar said during the FirstNet Authority board meeting, which was webcast. “We have multiple stories where lives have actually been saved because of the FirstNet platform and it’s capabilities.

[su_button url=”https://www.publicsafety.network/blog-1.18.19.html/
“target=”_blank” style=”default” background=”#005a8c” border-color=”#005a8c” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”4″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”0″ icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” text-border-color=”#005a8c” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]READ FULL ARTICLE[/su_button]

print

Be the first to comment on "AT&T exec emphasizes 2018 response efforts during FirstNet board meeting"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*