Grants are an excellent resource when seeking to fund a federally mandated or state/local/tribal project(s) that is without any other available funding source. As such, there are multiple grant sources that are available to assist with funding FirstNet projects. These grants are made available to be a solution in funding and solving the evolving capability challenges in public safety, such as gaps in interoperable communications. They can help in meeting the costs of planning, training, exercise, and equipment, as well as additional personnel in some instances. Any State, Local, Tribal, or NGO can benefit from these grants when existing operational budgets are insufficient to meet the operational requirements of an agency and the needs of a community.
Here at All Things FirstNet, it is our mission to assist you with identifying and understanding application requirements, as well as knowing the application deadlines for a funding source(s) necessary to fund your project.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Preparedness (Non-Disaster) Grants
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Authorized Equipment List (AEL)
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department Transportation
- First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet)
- SAFECOM Guidance on Emergency Communications Grants