Grants are an excellent resource when seeking to fund a federally mandated or state/local/tribal project(s) that is without any other available funding source. As such, there are multiple grant sources that are available to assist with funding FirstNet projects. These grants are made available to be a solution in funding and solving the evolving capability challenges in public safety, such as gaps in interoperable communications. They can help in meeting the costs of planning, training, exercise, and equipment, as well as additional personnel in some instances. Any State, Local, Tribal, or NGO can benefit from these grants when existing operational budgets are insufficient to meet the operational requirements of an agency and the needs of a community.
Here at All Things FirstNet, it is our mission to assist you with identifying and understanding application requirements, as well as knowing the application deadlines for a funding source(s) necessary to fund your project.
Memorandum for Regional Administrators FEMA Regions I-X: On March 13, 2020, the President declared the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic of sufficient severity and magnitude to warrant a nationwide emergency declaration covering all states, tribes, territories, and the District of Columbia pursuant to section 501(b) of the Robert Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5121-5207 (the “Stafford Act”).
The Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (PAPPG) combines all Public Assistance (PA) policy into a single volume and provides an overview of the PA Program implementation process with links to other publications and documents that provide additional process details. FEMA has archived superseded PA publications and policy documents at www.fema.gov/publications-archive and www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/128488, respectively. These policy and guidance documents remain in effect for incidents declared prior to January 1, 2016. FEMA has also archived previous versions of the PAPPG at www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/186271.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Resources
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Preparedness (Non-Disaster) Grants
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Authorized Equipment List (AEL)
- U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. Department Transportation
- First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet)
- SAFECOM Guidance on Emergency Communications Grants