The App Association strongly supports states opting in to the federal public safety broadband network to best enable their first responders to protect public health and safety.
The first half of this year has seen several key developments in the U.S. government’s efforts to establish a nationwide, broadband-enabled public safety network, and we look forward to working with our members to help first responders protect America’s health and safety. In March, the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet) awarded a 25-year contract to AT&T to build the broadband infrastructure for the project, and seven states have already opted in to the national network. Yet, without critical steps to ensure the interoperability for this national network, this vision will remain a dream.
ACT |The App Association is committed to creating an environment that will bring pioneering developers to the public safety space and encourage them to create the apps, programs, and services that will drive the first responder network’s success. The underlying promise of FirstNet is a unified platform, providing certainty that the products our innovative app developers make will work across state lines and between all first responders’ systems, also enabling small businesses to scale up quickly. Without strong bandwidth, network coverage, and platform interoperability, our members cannot adequately serve America’s first responders, and all efforts for this national network would be in vain.
This opinion article was written by Brian Scarpelli and appears in actonline.org dated July 31, 2017
To read the entire article please click on the button below.
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- FirstNet Officials Say Advocacy For Public Safety Is Key Role In The Future - August 23, 2017
- FirstNet Coverage: Making Sure There Is Common Ground - August 22, 2017
- Wildland Fire and FirstNet: What’s In It For Us? - August 21, 2017
- AT&T Exec Discusses Core-to-core Interoperability, Verizon Proposal, FirstNet Differentiators - August 18, 2017
- Nevada Governor Sandoval Approves Buildout Plan for First Responder Network - August 18, 2017