- This event has passed.
Preparing for Upcoming Grant Cycles
October 7, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm EDT
Preparing for upcoming grant cycles is an ongoing process. Specifically, it is vital to maintain a timely understanding of alerts, new/updated guidance, available grants, available de-obligated funds, and much more. The focus of this webinar will be to explore and understand FY2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) Sec. 889 Prohibition. Additional topics covered will include:
- Funding projects when grants are not open for application
- Significance of multi-discipline vs.. single-discipline grants
- Preparing grant applications in advance of application period opening
- Homeland security grant program 2019 vs. 2020 funding
- Funding smaller jurisdictions and tribal nations
Join us to learn helpful information and tips while awaiting the upcoming grants cycle!
About the Presenter:
Kamala Kuhn, Federal Grant Specialist, Next Paradigm
Kamala Kuhn is the former Deputy Director of the Nevada Division of Emergency Management. Ms. Kuhn has over 26 years of professional senior management experience in State and Local Government. In addition to her other management duties, she had oversight and management responsibility for all public safety grants administered by the division to include Homeland Security Grant Program, Emergency Management Preparedness Grant, Federal Disaster Assistance Grants, Communications Grants, Fire Mitigation, and Flood Mitigation Grants.