Motorola Solutions announced plans to buy the North American 9-1-1 and Project 25 (P25) business of Airbus. Airbus’ TETRA business based in Europe is not part of the acquisition.
Motorola executed a definitive agreement with Airbus SE under which the company will acquire Plant Holdings, which holds the Airbus DS Communications business. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed, although Airbus DS Communications reported more than $100 million in revenues in 2016.
Airbus DS Communications is the leading provider in North America of command center software for emergency call handling. Its VESTA suite is a 9-1-1 call-handling solution that operates on an open software architecture with a transition path to next-generation 9-1-1 (NG 9-1-1). In addition to emergency call handling, it delivers text-to-9-1-1, mapping, data management and analytics.
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Kansas taps AT&T to boost fire, police communications in emergencies - August 16, 2017
- Arizona becomes second state to ‘opt-in’ to FirstNet after issuing RFP for alternative RAN - August 16, 2017
- PSAP personnel to receive priority, preemptive access on FirstNet - August 16, 2017
- NG911 and FirstNet: Breaking down the differences - August 16, 2017
- Kansas to Transform Communications for Public Safety - August 16, 2017